My Top 10 List is susceptible to my whims, the weather, drinking companion, needless to say it is fluid! The price points on this list range from $70ish on up, and up.
1. Lagavulin 16 YO, Islay – My absolute every day go to.
2. Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Islay – Leather with a depth of elegance and heat.
3. Lagavulin 2003 Distillers Edition, Islay – Everything Lagavulin 16, but better.
4. Springbank 21 YO, Campbeltown – On my Top 10 list since 2008.
5. Amrut Intermediate Sherry, India – Wait. Really? I won’t be denied this dram.
6. Glenfarclas 40 YO, Speyside – Relax, inhale, feel the subtle pleasure.
7. Bruichladdich PC5, Islay – My first foray to the BIG peat. Solid, strong.
8. Springbank Madeira 11 YO, Cambpeltown – Yes, some sweet holds on to steady the glass.
9. Bruichladdich 17 YO, First Edition, Islay – Fond memories of Jim McEwan making a statement with this classic.
10. Bowmore 16 YO, Sherry Cask, Islay – Limited edition. I want more.