My Top 10 List is susceptible to my whims, the weather, drinking companion, needless to say it is fluid! The price points on this list range from $70ish on up, and up.
1. Lagavulin 16 YO, Islay – My absolute every day go to. An Islay classic.
2. Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Islay – Leather with a depth of elegance and heat.
3. Balcones Brimstone – the real Texas outlier in the whisk(e)y cabinet
4. Springbank 21 YO, Campbeltown – On my Top 10 list since 2008.
5. Amrut Intermediate Sherry, India – Wait. Really? I won’t be denied this dram.
6. Glenfarclas 40 YO, Speyside – Relax, inhale, feel the subtle pleasure.
7. Bruichladdich PC5, Islay – My first foray to the BIG peat. Solid, strong.
8. Kavalan Amontillado 5 YO Special Edition – Taiwan emerging with Port Casks
9. Bruichladdich 17 YO, First Edition, Islay – Fond memories of Jim McEwan making a statement with this classic.
10. Bowmore 16 YO, Sherry Cask, Islay – Limited edition. I want more.